Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things To Photograph Besides Red Rocks II

CLOUDS
 Clouds are easier to photograph than lizards or collie dogs.  Even though they move, they do not disappear in an instant.  For some reason you can take a picture of them from a car going 70 miles per hour and they are not blurry.  This makes them excellent subjects.
Bonus Points for clouds shaped like things--such as mermaids. 
Bows and flows of angel hair...
This is picture 823 from my Sedona/Grand Canyon file.  If I had discovered clouds earlier in the week, who knows how many pictures I would have taken.
Clouds and sun.
But now they only block the sun...
Close ups of clouds and sun. 
Clouds are good for zooming.  And it is difficult to hold the camera wrong.  Up?  Down? 
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow...
Reflections of clouds and sun in a window, on the side of your car, in a mirror. 
If you can't get close enough, you can use the smoke and mirrors trick.
(Remember objects are closer than they appear.)
 It's cloud illusions I recall...
Clouds at sunset.
I really don't know clouds at all.
I suggest you put some oldies on the radio and go for a ride.  Or just take a blanket out in the yard.  And take a few cloud pictures.  Unless its a cloudless day like today.  Then you better hope there are some red rocks nearby.

No comments: