Friday, July 09, 2010

Things To Photograph Besides Red Rocks I

THE GPS
The GPS was indispensible on vacation. It read aloud two complete Ted Dekker books.  It answered the oft asked question, "When will we get there?"   It kept us on track.  
(Not that the track was all that difficult to follow.) 
These used to be my jobs on a road trip.  Reading the map.  Telling the STP where to go.  Reading a book out loud.  Keeping track of time.  The GPS and I had a few moments. (I am jealous of the GPS?)  But eventually we agreed to coexist peacefully.

Let me take your picture, GPS.
"Right back at you," says the GPS.
 
 "Er, let me adjust my settings."
Eventually the road took a few more interesting turns (can you say "switchback"?) and I was free to look out the window and let the GPS handle the navigation.
Until the GPS learns to squirt canned cheese on Ritz crackers I feel pretty secure.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i took a picture of my GPS the other day driving on a straight road with nothing around and thought of you.