Thursday, April 12, 2012

Got My New Shoes On

When I was in Chicago a few weeks ago I ran into the mall and tried on some new running shoes.  I was contemplating the trendy barefoot kind of running shoes, but the helpful young man at the running shoe store talked me out of them.  And into something better for my plantar faciitis plagued feet.  But they didn't have my size in the color I wanted.  (Which really wasn't the color I wanted, but the more acceptable color they came in--just sayin')  So the very helpful young man said they could ship them right to my front door.  Free of charge.  In 3 to 5 days.  And since he was telling me this on Tuesday, I fully expected to arrive home on Friday and put my new shoes on.
 Enter UPS.  Remember them?  The logistics people?
They picked up my shoes in Roanoke VA and arrived and departed them 6 times enroute to my front porch.  Because they love logistics.  I consider my new shoes cross country running shoes because they have already come across the country.
Albeit in a box.


Inside a box.
But I don't think they could be any better.  They even came wrapped in paper that said "Run Happy".
The only one more excited than me about my new shoes is the SLD.
Her tail wags so hard at the sight of them on my feet, that she actually launches herself. 

We got as far as the end of the street before it started raining on us and we ran back home.  The good thing about the SLD is that she will be equally excited the next time she sees me wearing the running shoes. 
If only my enthusiasm was as unflagging.  Run Happy!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i love them! but now i'm curious what color were the ones you REALLY wanted?

Anastasia said...

Ami, The ones she wanted were white. Plain. White. with no color whatsoever. Do you not know our mother at all?

I love you and the dog.

Anastasia said...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3221623436_a29fdceaa1.jpg