Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Other Side of the Mountain


The Goob is finishing up his required driving hours in order to get his license later this month.  So this week when he was on Spring break and gas is finally at $4.00 a gallon, he has been driving for no other reason than to drive.  Twice he has gone over the mountain for dinner.  And to see what he could see.  Two hours one way.  Back late?  After dark hours.  I rode with him once.  (That makes a total of two times in twelve months that I have ridden in the vehicle when he has been behind the wheel.  I may have a trust issue.) 
This GPS shot has more to do with the mayhem that results from not updating the GPS after road construction, than with the Goob's driving skills.  (Although anytime I go over the mountain I am keenly aware of the possibility of driving into the abyss.)
At any rate, the Goob will be sixteen this month and you know what that means.  He will be doing his own laundry. (Deep breath while I deal with trusting him with the washing machine.)

No comments: