Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Blame Eve Too

Remember all the books I am going to write?  Well here is one I don't have to.  Because someone beat me to it.  And I am not even a little bit jealous.  (Okay, maybe a little bit.)  But really if you are waiting for me to write a book, you might want to go ahead and read this one.  I Blame Eve by Susanna Foth Aughtmon.  I have read and recommended her previous 2 books.  (All I Need Is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans,  and  My Bangs Look Good and Other Lies I Tell Myself.)   So I feel like I know her.  We've dealt with Grace and Truth together.  And this month, along with our sister Eve of Genesis fame, we tackled my perfectionism, my control issues, and my tendency to entertain snakes. 

Here are some random things I like about the book author:
I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues, and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes1.  Her honesty
2.  Her sense of humor
3.  Her list of 40 yucky things she blames Eve for--from arm flab to death
   (I liked it so much I was thinking of listing 100 yucky things in the month of May.  Kind of like an anti-thanksgiving list. I haven't completely ruled it out.)
4.  Her description of the Eden gene
5.  She writes short chapters
6.  She writes about real life.
7.  She challenges me without heaping guilt on me.

I liked the book, but I really like the author.  I think she could be my sister.  Or at least my friend.  So I am going to let her have this one. (Even though I still have some good snake stories.) In addition to crossing another book off my reasonable resolution list, I am crossing off  'write a book about Eve'.

I am hanging onto my dream of actually writing a book. 


No comments: