Saturday, July 06, 2013

9, 10, And Closing in on 12

9.  Kayaking with the STP.  On the Big Horn River.  Put in at little town south of Dodge City.  Got out at the bridge in Dodge City.  A distance of 7 miles by road and 11.5 miles by boat on the winding river.  Saw deer and cranes and ducks and an eagle and skinny dippers.  Managed to get a picture of the STP.  

10.  Kayak with friends.  At Paint Rock lakes.
It was a long and bumpy ride to the the mountain lakes. We would have gotten there faster if the wildflowers were not so beautiful. ( If this were a wildflower post I would share more of the 117 pictures I took.  But it is a kayak post, so on to the lake.)

 Time to unwrap and try out the new tandem.
Which in one day became my favorite kayak.  Because it is black cherry red. And because I can chat with my rowing partner.  And let my rowing partner row and steer while I take pictures.
And more pictures.
Of my kayaking friends.
Kayaking.
And just floating. And soaking up the quiet peacefulness.  Until it was time to reload the kayaks and head back down the mountain.  Because I had to go to work today.
But those kayaks are still on the SuperSuzuki.  Because tomorrow we head to Flathead Lake and onto Glacier Nat'l Park.  And those kayaks are going with us.
Sadly, these friends are not going with us.  

But I couldn't be more excited about who we are meeting there.


No comments: