Sunday, November 20, 2016

Amen and Praise the Lord

Today the STP preached from David's Psalm of Thanksgiving in I Chronicles 16.  I am glad to worship with the STP.  Today I sat in a different pew.  It is like visiting a new church.  But the same preacher and the same God.  I am glad to have a God Who is a covenant maker Who is totally faithful.  I am glad to have a God Who is a sovereign creator Who is awesomely powerful.  And I am glad to have a God of salvation Who is mercifully loving.
This afternoon I accidentally took a nap.  I have an overwhelming number of things to do this week, but I am glad that rest is a spiritual discipline that I have just about mastered.  I wish I had woken less cranky, but I am glad that I woke up.  So there.
After my nap, my cranky self and the STP worked on the budget.  I do not know whether I am thankful for Dave Ramsey or not, but I am glad that I only have to budget once a month.  And I am glad to have a new start and money in the entertainment and restaurant envelopes.  And I am glad the STP is mostly patient with my cranky self.  I am glad we have some time away scheduled next week.
This evening I am drinking green tea, eating a Dove dark chocolate and reminding myself how glad I am.

No comments: