Thursday, November 03, 2016

He Has Made Me Glad

Yesterday I cleaned my house and watered my houseplants.  In the guest room I discovered a pot of succulents that I had transplanted several weeks ago and promptly forgotten.  Turns out my succulents thrive on neglect.  ...And I was glad for clean water to drink and enough water to water plants just cause I like looking at them.  ...And I was glad to remember a beautiful summer wedding from which I scavenged most of the succulents. ... And I was glad I made a family wedding in CA a priority in my summer.  ....And I was glad for a sister who makes hospitality and generosity look easy. ...And I was glad there is a picture of  lots of my extended family under a big tree in the middle of a vineyard.
I also took down the bats from the front porch.  ...And I was glad that I had bats to hang on the front porch.  ...And I was glad to remember a wedding 6 Octobers ago. ...And I was glad that marriage is even better than that wedding.   ...And I am glad that I have flight reservations for Christmas.

2 comments:

nancyann said...

I am glad you make Novembers thankful!

Minnie said...

I am glad to be included in your November gladness! Also glad to have 3 amazing sisters!