Sunday, September 16, 2007

New Way Less Who I Really Am Template






Turns out my blog consultant is rather like my plumber. I should have been more selective. Asked more questions. Not let her grow up and move out of my house where I have nothing to hold over her head. Now that she is an adult and buys her own laundry soap (among other things...) she is not beholden to me. Thus she has put me off and left me to my own blogging abilities. This is scary. I have chosen the color Ochre for my blog. I really wanted sunshine or daffodil yellow with pink cosmos. Occassionally I want to rearrange the cosmos. I want something lime green and the color of the sky today. Wonderful clear blue with white and gray clouds that fill the space and change constantly, so that everytime you see my blog it is different. I do not want my old consultant back at all (although I miss her), I want God to do my blog.
Today I am going to attempt to insert a link. I am not going to ask anyone how to do this , or do any research, or even hit the help button. I am just going to cut and paste.

Okay--control p-- is not the way to do it. Obviously, that just publishes prematurely.

Also, you can not put the letter 'p' in the little greater than and less than signs, or when you publish it just disappears. I don't know where it goes. Rendevousing with mismatched socks from the dryer perhaps.

I copied the link to my race results, but I can't figure out how to paste it here. (Additional sadness in my life, but not worth ranting about.)

Suffice it to say that my time was little better than I thought. I finished 45th out of 70. I am greatly encouraged and may even run again. But not today.

Now I am going to light the candles on my back porch and sit around the fire with all of my family members who have not grown up and moved away. The fire will dance with all kinds of colors, and we will tell stories and laugh, and that is really more who I am. I'm happy with that.

Sorry you have to read this in Ochre.




2 comments:

Anastasia said...

let's blame the son-in-law who bought the car with the salvage title or we could blame the person who raised your web consultant with such a penchant for procrastination. Fortunately for you, i would rather play web consultant than clear the stacks off mmy counter.....daffodil yellow with pink cosmos coming right up.

Anastasia said...

how's that?
also, anything you put in brackets <> will disappear when you publish :)