Thursday, September 27, 2007

She Has My Chin...


...but don't worry, I have another. I have become a fan of v-necked tops. I think they make my neck look longer. I used to have an exceptionally long neck. It used to make me feel taller and thinner. But as I've gotten older it has become a place to stack my chins. And it has wrinkles that are so deep that they don't tan. When the kids were little I could sometimes scrub little dark dirt rings from their necks at the end of a summer's day. This summer I had light rings around my neck---negative tan lines. Oddly enough, new places that the sun doesn't shine.

Clair will never know me as anything but a grandma. She will not know I once has a long thin neck and that the skin on my upper arm didn't always flap. She won't know what she missed.

3 comments:

KyraLynne said...

Congradulations Miss Brenda! And to Abi too! Claire is beautiful!

KyraLynne said...

And she won't know you as A grandma, but Grandma. She'll look up to you as one of the best, most wonderful and beautiful people in her world! ~Kyra Schwartz

Anastasia said...

i think she should call you GeeBee....G.B. short for Grandma Brenda....that would make daddy GeeDee.