Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Going to Paink it Geen

I own several tables. The one in the dining room that we stack things ..er.. eat breakfast and dinner at. The one in my bedroom that I stack..er...use as my home office. The one in Alex's room that he stacks..er..does his homework at. One in the big room that used to be in my old kitchen that I just couldn't part with when we moved. There was one in my old laundry room that I stacked laundry on. It didn't move with us. There was a little table that the girls used to have tea parties on. I painted it and sent it to Claire. I have a folding table in the attic--the kind you call a card table unless you are married to a STP.

I have one more table. It is in my head. It belongs along the empty wall in the living room. I know exactly what it looks like. I know how much I want to spend on it. It is perfect. I just don't know where to find it. But the other day I went into the used furniture store in Dodge City to see if my table was there. My perfect table wasn't there, but I found a great temporary table. One that will do until I find the perfect table. It is the perfect size and it folds--kinda. The top lifts off and the legs fold flat. It cost all of 15 dollars. It is made of wood and the best thing is that it needs painted. So I'm going to paint it green. I bought the green paint yesterday and I sanded this morning. Ready to paint?

I was born ready.

No comments: