Monday, November 17, 2008

The Miscreant and the Diet Pepsi

miscreant
n. a disbeliever; heretic
adj. depraved; behaving badly

I haven't had a Diet Pepsi in a week. Just to prove that I don't really need it and I can stop any time I want to. (I don't really plan to stop. As soon as I convince myself I can stop any time, I plan to buy a cube of DP Max, hide it under Amanda's bed and drink 23 of the 24 cans myself.)

Outside the youth building, three youths were observed tossing cans of Diet Pepsi into the air and watching them explode on the concrete slab that is the basketball court. Here is the back story. The youth pastor gave them a twelve pack of warm, outdated diet pepsi. On the way home they discovered the explosive power contained therein. After they had launched 4 cans the youth pastor spied them and confiscated the remainder of the 12 pack. He called their parents and reported said behavior. Alex, one of the co-conspirators, said he felt like a miscreant. As well he should. That is no way to treat Diet Pepsi.

The basketball court got scrubbed. And I'm sure he meant miscreant as in 'behaving badly' rather than 'heretic'.

No comments: