Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthday week--Day 2

There was some discussion at Dodge City Federal the other day about being a year older, a decade older, a half century older. Inquired around to find out what the terminology is for half a century. Decided it is 'old'.
I started the day off by going to the doctor's office. Cross another thing off the to do list. Bad news: because I am old and have a family history I will have to schedule a colonoscopy. Add that to the to do list. Good news: because I am old and not sleeping around I do not have to have a pap smear this year. Almost makes turning 50 worth it. Then I watched the inauguration and then I went to Bible Study and then I took Alex to the dentist for a checkup and cleaning. So that is one more thing crossed off the list. More good news: I didn't get lost and no cavities. Then I came home and baked a pan of brownies. So it seems that I'm running about two-to-one in the good news/bad news and off the list/on the list categories.
Just noticing that there is no between as you age. Seems like there should be some time between your face breaking out and your hair turning gray. Or some time between having your last period and facial hair. The physician's assistant asked me about some symptoms and conditions that I don't have yet. Wonderful things that I have to look forward to.
My favorite daughter got me two worship CDs for my birthday. The STP got me a CD player for under my kitchen cabinets. My CD player in my car has worked 3 days in a row. Nobody got me black balloons.
It's all good.

1 comment:

Abi said...

Yeah for your CD player! and yay for you... Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.