Friday, January 16, 2009

No Fishing




Yesterday was a great day for ice fishing. So the STP went. I never get invited to go along. I told him how dissappointed I am with this. I told him that the next time the guys ask him to go fishing he should ask if he can bring his wife. I don't think he even asked.
He brought home some beautiful trout. Most of them were in the form of fillets, but this lucky creature got to keep his head.


And his tail. So I just pan fried him just like that.



In some butter and my own mix of herbs. Alex thought he wouldn't want to eat fish every night, but he ate his share tonight. Dave feels the same about fish. I thought it was very good and it is the first thing I have ever cooked with it's eyeballs intact.

Maybe if the guys find out I can cook a trout they will invite me to go along.

Hey, Dave. Can your wife come along and clean the fish?

Nah, let's just bring 'em home and she can do it there.

2 comments:

Abi said...

Eyeballs and all! how exciting! I love you guys and wish we'd been there for the eyes and tail :) I guess if they won't invite you Claire and I will have to come out again and bring our fisherprice fishing pole and go with you... Love you guys..

Amanda said...

oh wow i would not have been able to handle it looking at me!!!