Saturday, March 07, 2009

Saving Daylight

Today I went to the Dodge City Building Center with the STP. And I took along my materials list for my new planter boxes for the front porch. And I talked the DCBC into delivering my materials free of charge. (Of course it is just across the street). And the STP measured and cut and drilled and fastened. And one box is far enough along that I could carry it to the front porch and try it on. And then the STP and the Goober had to go shoot guns. And now they are pursuing their favorite of Father/Son activities. Watching a movie. If only the day was an hour longer, instead of an hour shorter.
But I am going to soak my feet and browse through my idea file and decide what wonderful things I will plant in my new planter boxes. And I will imagine that they will all grow and flourish and be the envy of everyone who drives through Dodge City all summer long.
In other news, the snow is completely melted from the backyard. The Goober cleaned up a winter's worth of dog poo.
I just read the book Outliers. I don't think it will make me any more successful, but now I understand why I am not a professional athlete and why I can not play the piano.
Now I am just trying to figure out when we used to start saving daylight so I can be prepared for the dreaded automatic changing of the clock.
If I could save time in a bottle...

1 comment:

Abi said...

give in.. your clock will win.. you will wake late, or early or whenever you don't need to be... it wins everytime, sometimes twice :) Love ya.