Sunday, May 23, 2010

Transplanted

It always comes as a surprise
When my withered roots begin to grow...

I do not remember moving as a child.  My parents moved their family of six into the house where they still live when I was just three or four years old.  It is the only house I remember growing up.  The neighborhood has changed. The house itself, in fact, grew a story.  But it has always been 'home'.
Since I left home to go to college I have moved 11 times (not counting the 4 times I moved back home).  And I moved three of my four kids when they were in middle school.  And after three of them moved out, I moved away.  I'm not sure where they would call 'home'.  I had some mother guilt about this last week.  I bought a few plants to assuage this.

I transplanted several things last week.  And this week, they look just the same.  No signs of new growth.  No signs of death.  Just not much difference at all.  I think that is pretty typical of transplanted things. And transplanted people.   It takes awhile for them to adjust, to take root, to start to grow again.
Although I'm not wilting, I'm not really thriving either. 
But I know Who transplanted me here and I trust the Master Gardener.
The rain is falling, and I think sunshine is in the forecast and I sense new growth is coming. 

I need You in my house, 'cause You're my home.

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

Wherever we're together that's my home.

Abi said...

I just told someone that home is where my family is yesterday. We love you mom, please never doubt that you did a fabulous job with us.

Amanda said...

home is everywhere we are and everywhere we have ever been together. moving helped to make me the independent woman i am today who is not afraid of being transplanted and knows that once you adjust to your new environment you bloom even more fabulously :) love you mom

Miss Brenda said...

You guys make me smile. Ya'll make me cry. And youns are the best.