Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Data Clear Without Backup

The new machine I learned this week has a sample data clear button.  When you push it, it gives you an option of data clear with backup or just data clear.  My brain needs a button like this.
The STP reformatted my computer's hard drive this week.  He claims my pictures are safely stored in a totally disorganized manner (just the way I keep all my photos) somewhere very safe and invisible to me.  I just have a little twitch about this.  In the process he asked me a myriad of times if there were any files I needed off the computer.  No, no, I assured him.  Anything I needed was lost in the last reformatting of the hard drive. 
Turns out it also cleared out my e-mail contacts and inbox, which had my addresses and 986 messages I might have needed.  All the emails my siblings had ever sent me and any I could intercept between themselves (book research).   Addresses of people I certainly meant to keep in touch with.  I'm choosing to look at this as a fresh start instead of a data clear without backup.  But if you want me to be in touch, you will need to email me.   The good news is my e-mail works again.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

I sent our addresses. Also i might have soem old fmaily christmas e-mails if you're interested ;)