Friday, September 17, 2010

Fantasy Zumba

Made it to zumba three times this week.  A record.  I moved myself from the back of the room to the center and positioned myself directly in front of the instructor.  That way I am not distracted and discouraged by comparing myself with the other class members.  And my mind is free to concentrate on my zumbaing.  (Because my battle of the bulge is being fought in the trenches of my mind.)  At first I pretend to be a salsa dancer, moving in rhythm with the Latin beat.  But that requires way too much imagination energy at 5:45am.  So then I pretend that I am looking in a mirror.  And the instructor is my mirror image, and, yes, my thighs look that good.  This little fantasy makes it easier for me to follow the movements that I am supposed to be doing, although my mirror image is oddly ahead of me most of the time and way more coordinated than I am. By the end of the class the fantasy has shifted to where I am in a women's prison, the instructor is some sort of sadistic prison guard, and if I don't finish my morning workout I won't get my cigarettes today. 
If my body was as active as my mind, I would be a thin woman.

3 comments:

Abi said...

I don't think smoking is the answer, I hear when you go off your cigs you gain weight. I love you miss Brenda! :) can't wait to see you in less than three weeks!!!

Miss Brenda said...

Check your math--TWO weeks from today, baby!

Abi said...

two is in fact less than three... I am trying to buy myself some more mental time... I thought I could count on you of all people to help me out on that. :)