Saturday, May 14, 2011

Make a Note

I am working my last weekend at my last job, attempting to work my way through "Love Wins" in my down time.  Either it is too fragmented for me to get a hold on it, or too deep for my microbiology sized brain, or too early in the book (or maybe I shouldn't be trying to read it and watch 'The Bucket List' at the same time), but here is one tidbit from page 44 that I didn't want to forget:
There is nothing wrong with possessions; it's just that they have value to us only when we use them, engage them, and enjoy them.  They're nouns that mean something only in conjunction with verbs.

That's why wealth is so dangerous:  if you're not careful you can easily end up with a garage full of nouns.
Nor sure yet what, if anything, this has to do with heaven, hell, or every person who has ever lived, but I think it might be speaking to me and my kayak.

No comments: