Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mood Swings

It wasn't that the day was bad.  Just that I was anxious to get home.  About 13 mph too anxious.  Which delayed my arrival home about 10 minutes and will end up costing me $112.  So sad.
Then the STP told me they called about my kayak today.  Because tomorrow is my estimated delivery date.  So I thought they must be calling to arrange delivery.  But no.  They were calling to say that my kayak missed the truck.  The truck that delivers to  'outlying areas' and only makes one run a week. 
Its one thing to miss the boat, but today my boat missed the truck.  So sadder.
So sadder that I had to just go outside and look at my plants. 
And I'm telling you that those baby onions are enough to return some happy to my day.  I had a plan for the SFG which included some plum tomatoes.  But when I was at the garden center I spotted some chocolate cherry tomato plants. ( Ever have a plan?  Ever think about changing it?)  So I bought four chocolate cherry tomato plants and planted two.  I have no idea what they will be like.  But just the words 'chocolate cherry tomato' are more than enough to make me forget my estimated date of kayak arrival is approaching June. 
Then I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  And I served them warm with a glass of milk to the Goob for a bedtime snack.  And he gave me hug and a kiss and told me I am the BEST MOM EVER.  And that restored so much happy to my day that I can't even remember why that officer pulled me over. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

your garden looks great! and i second the Goob's feeling that you're the Best Mom Ever cause its true!

Anonymous said...

Your garden would make me smile too! Our garden proudly 'sprouts'....dirt. I am thinking the seeds floated away in all the rain. We don't smile although chocolate cherry tomatoes...that might make me smile.