Wednesday, January 25, 2012

For Crying Out Loud

I don't think I cried when my parents dropped me off at college and drove away.  But I think I've cried everytime I've left home since.  By the time I was a Junior in college my Mom would take me to the bus stop and put me on the bus because she couldn't stand me crying for the two hour trip back to school.  After I was married, the STP hated the drive away from my parents house whenever we visited because I cried for the first part of the trip.  I don't have a particulary hard time being away from home.  But I have a really hard time leaving home. 
My Mom and Dad took me to the airport yesterday and I teared up as I hugged them goodbye. "How old are you?" they asked.   Not too old to cry, obviously.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I DO THE SAME THING!!! well at least now i know where i get my sarcasm and my sentimentality :) i love you so much.

ps can you send me some pictures from last weekend? i want to remember it, but i forgot to take any pictures on my own camera.