Monday, June 04, 2012

Smash it With A Hammer

When the Princess was here last week we did a few pinteresting things.  One involves my pilot room.  We will wait for the reveal of that, but trust me it is awesome.  And it involved paint.  And a yard sale item. 
Our second project was not quite done when the princess had to leave, so she did not see the finished product.  So this reveal is for her.  The project dates back to the garden stones, and the Memorial Day weekend that she did not make one.  So this Memorial Day weekend we bought a bag of cement.  The biggest bag we could carry.  Which is also the smallest bag they sell at the Dodge City Building Center.  And we mixed up the whole bag.  And we filled things with it.  Like several ice cream buckets lined with rhubarb leaves.  And a one dollar glass globe bought for such a time as this.

And then we had to wait.  And the Princess had to leave.













And I had to wait some more.

On Friday I unwrapped the rhubarb leaf garden stones.
Which have yet to find their final resting place.
But I had to wait until today to smash the glass globe with a hammer.
And scrape off the wax.  Which worked about as well as I hoped it would.  And in fact better that I thought it might...
...to hold the glass bits in place.

And I am happy with the final result.  Very pinteresting, don't you think?

4 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

And we wished we still had the scary clown face globe...

Minnie said...

Love the glass globe-I think I have an old one in my garage-time to get some cement mix. I want to know who ate all that ice cream or have you just been hoarding ice cream buckets??

Miss Brenda said...

Who me? A hoarder? Not like I have a family history or anything...

Brenda's Man said...

its only hoarding if you don't use them, right?