Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In A Fog

New San Fran Fog rolling in over Old San Fran Fog
I choose a light gray/kinda neutral color for the bedroom walls.  Called "San Fran Fog".  And I had it mixed by the magic computer paint machine at the Dodge City Building Center.  And I brought it home and opened it up.  And it looked really bluish in the can.  But I know the color in the can is not the dried color on the wall.  So I started putting it on the wall.  Where it became a dark blue gray.  Don't worry, the STP says,  it isn't dry yet.  But when it is dry it is even darker blue/gray.  And instead of an ephemeral* misty neutral San Fran Fog, it is an deep dark depression, excessive misery Los Ang Smog.  It'll be fine, the STP says.  And so I continued cutting in along the ceiling.  And the longer I painted the more depressed and miserable I became, until I knew I could not live with that color.   And so I took it back.  And it turns out three different paint colors in the wonder paint computer are named San Fran Fog.  After careful selection of the appropriate one, I got new paint.  And now, three days later, after priming over the wrong paint,I am going to put the right paint on the wall and see if I like it.
Great Joy:  I love to paint things.

*edited:  The color I was aspiring to was ethereal:  Light,airy, extremely delicate and refined, heavenly
What I got really was ephemeral:  Short-lived

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ooh i like the new fog! the old fog looks like it was thick as pea soup...