Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Various Trials-Part 1

James 1:2  Consider it a great joy, Ms Brenda, whenever you experience various trials.

On its last outing of the summer the kayak hurled itself off the roof of the vehicle we bought to haul things and took the driver side mirror with it on the way to the ground. (Whoa, slow that imagination down--the vehicle was parked at the time.) Nothing a little duct tape wouldn't fix.
I drove around like this for the month of September.  Instead of looking like a careless driver, I told myself that it made me look like a rugged outdoorswoman.  Because, be honest now, isn't the first thing you think when you see a chubby woman driving around with a smashed mirror,  "She must be a kayaker"?
Regardless, I noticed people did not park as close to me in the month of September.
Great joy--new mirror.

No comments: