Sunday, October 14, 2012

Monkey Bars Just Came Out of the Oven

I saw this recipe on pinterest...
for Monkey Squares.  Glorified banana bread baked in a jelly roll pan and cut into bars.  So I made it just like the recipe, but I renamed it Monkey Bars.  'Cause Monkey Bars makes me giggle.
It was the first thing I baked in the new oven. (Source of great joy--oven part arrived and installed)
Now it just needs leveling.
Which I was able to do with my icing.
Which still looked bad.
So, purely in the interest of taste testing the new recipe before serving it to others, I ate that corner.
And then, in the interest of not taking a messy crooked half eaten dessert to the dessert social, I cut the rest of the Monkey Squares into rectangles * little giggle* and arranged them on my lovely matching cake plates.
Which had the added advantage of leaving two more corners that did not fit on the plates and needed to  be eaten.  Oh, the gluten-free, brown butter icinged joy of it.

What Ms Brenda likes best about this recipe (besides taste-testing):  You ice the bars while they are still warm.  So you can make it at the last minute.  And take them in the car warm.  Only don't shut the car door on your finger or you will have to go back in the house for ice and band-aids.  Just saying.

No comments: