Thursday, October 11, 2012

Various Trails--Part 2

Good News:  It's apple cake season.
Bad News:  Remember that the redeeming thing about my formerly Craig's listed, not much to look at, held together with coated wire stove was that it worked.  Well forget that.  Because when I had an apple cake in the oven, it made a little Pffft sound, and then it worked no more.  
Good News:  I was able to rush the apple cake to the church kitchen and finish baking it.  Wonderful to go to a church that saves souls and baked goods.
More Good News:  Know someone who happens to have a stove in a shed that they do not need.
Even More Good News:  The STP has a pick up truck and someone (besides me) to help him move the stove into the kitchen.

More Bad News:  The stove slips just before it is in place, and in the process the knob that controls the oven gets knocked off.
Even More Bad News:  It can not be fixed with duct tape or coated wire.
Bottom Line: Still no working oven. 
Source of Great Joy:  Part is on order


2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh miss brenda i love your new stove! yay for friends with magic stove-holding sheds!

Abi said...

I adore your fridge... I wish we saw more pictures of your decorations for it.
I can't wait to see you guys! Every time someone states the countdown to Christmas I think; 'They come sooner than that!!'