Monday, December 10, 2012

Kitchen Trees

I added 10 trees to the kitchen this week.
 (And maybe a partridge or two)







Three of them are Scandinavian flavored chalk trees.  They are on the refrigerator.
Four of them are glass.  Two of which are filled with kisses.
Yes I know there are only 3 pictured.  Trust me--there is a fourth glass tree.
And there are three more trees inside a glass canister.  
Between the tea bags and the sugar.
These are possibly my favorite new decoration this year.  Thanks to being at StuffMart last January on 75% off days.  $1.50 Thank you very much.
In addition to fitting 10 trees in my kitchen, I decorated the window with snowflakes and jingle bells to match the canisters.  (Because I'm the kind of woman who decorates her kitchen canisters, that's why.)
I got these snowflakes at a storage unit sale this summer.  I didn't have to buy the whole unit.  Just 50 cents worth of snowflakes.  (I also got those great vintage curtain hooks at a storage unit sale this summer and I made the curtain from what was left of my vintage tablecloth.  I don't think I've showed you them before this.)
Total cost of kitchen decorations: $2.00

In case you think all I have been doing in my kitchen is decorating it, think again.  Tonight I made cake balls.   Carrot Cake Balls and German Chocolate Cake Balls.  
Okay, now you can be impressed.   



3 comments:

Brenda's Man said...

Impressed and blessed!

Amanda said...

mmm... balls of heaven....

and love your trees!

Minnie said...

I want some German chocolate balls of heaven!!