Saturday, December 08, 2012

Missing the Princesses

"Make your home as comfortable and attractive as possible and then
 get on with living.  There's more to life than decorating."   

This quote and picture are from the October 2012 issue of Real Simple magazine.  (I was thinking I could attribute the quote to Albert Einstein, but it was already attributed to Albert Hadley.)  And this quote made me think of Princess Amidala.  And then I looked more closely at the picture and realized that might be Princess A herself holding the basket (and wearing the tights).  And the blurry blonde might be her 'get right in the middle, as well as the spirit, of things'  royal sister.  And the pony tailed one (please note--in the matching dress) would be the Slovakian Princess who came up with the wonderful Jillian Jiggs-esque idea in the first place.  And I was transported back in time to a high ceiling living room in Spring Creek.  Where a whole lot of living took place with three little girls.
Today I will finish with the Christmas decorating before lunch and get on with living this afternoon.

5 comments:

Brenda's Man said...

That is so right on the mark!

Mima said...

Cooool , ilooveee iiit :) :)

Minnie said...

At first glance, I thought that was your girls. I did think when did you have such an ugly room!!

Miss Brenda said...

Oh, I've had uglier!!

Amanda said...

started and finished my Christmas decorating yesterday, and then spent most of the day working on fun Christmas crafts :) it was pretty much the perfect Sunday.

and now i've got Conrad Birdie singing in my head "i've got a lotta livin' to do!"