Friday, March 08, 2013

James, Beginning to End

7.
Today on my way home from work I recited James.  All five chapters.  Beginning to end.  I know the beginning better than the end because I've been working on this for over 5 months.  But today was the first time I got the whole way to the end. It is a major victory for me.  The answer to prayer and the result of enduring hard work.  See, we count as blessed those who have endured.
My plan is to keep reviewing it so that it remains in my memory.  I picture myself in the nursing home happily reciting Scripture verses. ..every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights.  Then I remember that it will be my second childhood, where the only words I remember and repeat over and over are the ones you wish I would forget.  So I will probably be sitting in the day room, strapped in my chair, screaming "Adulteresses!! Don't you know friendship with the world is hostility toward God!?!?!?!?
You'll visit me, won't you?

1 comment:

Brenda's Man said...

Of course I will honey! That is if I remember where you are by then!