Thursday, March 07, 2013

Up Close and Personal

14.  Get a mamogram.
Today was the day I had scheduled my mamogram.  In fact, I had scheduled a tomogram--a 3D mamogram, if you will.

FYI:  Tomography refers to imaging by sections or sectioning, through the use of any kind of penetrating wave. A device used in tomography is called a tomograph, while the image produced is a tomogram.

The STP wanted to know if I would get a copy to bring home.  Unlike baby sonograms, evidently it is not customary to receive a printed copy of the image of the inside of your breast tissue, although they will let you look at the image on a screen after the exam.  Little reward, really, for all the squishing that takes place.  Although I was impressed that my 'pressed' version appeared perkier than its real life counterpart.  I think the STP would have enjoyed having a copy.  

No comments: