Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Big But Theory

I counted the 7 day arm challenge a success just because I completed it.  Not because my arms were completely transformed in 7 days.  (Midweek I dreamed I did two push-ups--one of the happiest dreams I've had, even it was as far-fetched as my typical dreams.)  I had some mild muscle soreness near where my triceps are supposed to be. And if I flex, and you are kind and/or want to sleep with me, you can see a tiny little bump of a bicep.
Buoyed by my success I moved on to the 7 day Butt Challenge.  I knew I was in trouble early on.  The arm exercises were called things like 'dips' and  'curls'.  The reps were numbers like 12 and 15.  The butt exercises are called 'burns', 'blasters', and the aptly named 'prisoner squats'.  The numbers are like 30 and 100.  I quickly modified the Day 1 workout from 100 prisoner squats to 37 prisoner squats.  I would rather be beaten or placed in solitary than do 100 squats of any kind.  As it was, I could barely go up stairs midweek and going down stairs was 37 times more painful.  Next time, I'll just take the beating at the start.  Day 2 they promised me a behind to rival JLo's or Kim Kardashian's.  I decided 37% of that would suffice for me.  Today is a rest day.   I'm doing the whole workout today. 

No comments: