Sunday, March 17, 2013

One Crafty Lady

In search of another crafty lady to hang out and paint things with me.
Left to myself these last two weekends I was forced to paint, glue, and glitter all by myself.  In the process, I painted, glued and glittered myself.
 But I also painted my pinecones.  This was on the list to accomplish this year.  So before I put them back in the attic I tipped them with white paint.  In the middle of the living room.  Because the sewing/craft room has been lost in the great bathroom remodel of 2012-13 (14?).
And then I added some glitter to give them that little extra.  Only the glitter is tucked away somewhere in the maelstrom that is the bedroom closet.  So I used a bag of 'sparkle flakes' that was stuck in with the Christmas decorations.  Sparkle Flakes are basically glitter on steroids.
Me:  Boy, a little 'sparkle flakes' goes a long way.
Goob (picking glitter from his cereal bowl):  Yeah, they evidently go everywhere.  And don't call me 'boy'.

What?  You can't wrap your head around Christmas decorations in March?  Well when I took the newly glittered pinecones to the attic; I brought down the Easter box.  And inspired by 'something I saw on Pinterest' (which from now on I plan to abbreviate as SISOP),  I put all the plastic eggs I have accumulated into a box.  And I poured in some paint and stirred them around with my trusty paintbrush.
And put that box out on the porch to dry.  Then I added more paint and stirred again.  And then again.  And then I spread them out in the middle of the living room floor and splattered them.  (Glitter and splatter paint.  What are living rooms for if not for that kind of living?)
And then the plan was to glue those eggs to a wreath form ($0.25 at a garage sale for such a time as this) wrapped in burlap left over from the last door project.  But, alas, the glue gun is lost in the great unknown.  So I was forced to use tacky glue.  Which increased both the time and frustration level of the project.  So I had to simplify.
Still and all, not too bad.  I found the raffia when I was looking for the glue gun.  I'm not happy that the cracks in the eggs show, but you can't see them from the curb.

Total cost of both projects--not counting what I had leftover from other projects--$0.25.
Plus I took the eggs that I didn't glue to the wreath and put them in a jar-ala pottery barn.
Really, if you would just come over and craft with me, think of the fun we could have.
(If you're not the 'crafty type' would you consider just coming over and cleaning my house while I craft?)
I also made cookies this weekend.
Please.

No comments: