Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cleaning and Scrubbing and Grown up Babies

I share these thoughts about houscleaning with Katie from the novel "True to Form" by Elizabeth Berg:

...now I'll have to scrub the toilet. And vacuum. And
dust. And the Venetian blinds will take forever....They are so boring to
do even when you have music on, and you think you'll crack up before they're done. Do the main part, okay, but then comes the dumb little ends and they all have to be dusted on both sides. Venetian blinds are
what hang in hell, and every day Satan says, "My, my, I see we have some dust again."

1 comment:

Abi said...

I put mine to soak in the tub, reading somewhere that you can clean them like that; and left them there to soak. Discovered my bathtub can't hold water so it drained leaving them too dirty now to even consider cleaning at the time. I left them there two days and decided that I didn't need them since there were shears on the windows. So I threw them out! It was pure joy. I like the bit about them being in hell, I agree.