Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sunshine?


As I was going out the door to take Alex to school the sun was shining in through the kitchen window onto the fruit in the jar on the table. (Can you use all your prepositions in one sentence?) So I stopped to take a picture of it. It made me wonder what made it picture-worthy. And why did I have to get the picture right then? The table and the jar are always there. The fruit is almost always there. Usually I take pictures of unusual things. (My kids when they were sleeping or clean, for instance. The only pictures of my living room have a Christmas tree in the background.) The unusual thing today was not the fruit. It was the sun.


And I wasn't sure it would still be there when I got back twenty minutes later.


And this is what it looked like out my kitchen window when I got back twenty minutes later.

(My friend the communist, holds meetings in his RV...)

So today I will soak up every little bit of sun that comes my way. (...before it goes out on me)


1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset.
You have wonderful fruit!