Monday, September 08, 2008

Going Green

A busy weekend pretending I was on HGTV. Two projects that are not quite ready for the big reveal, but here are the teasers.

First, the dining room wall. Just opening the paint can and seeing the color was a big surprise. (Somehow it always looks different from the paint chip.) But I did not let it deter me. I used blue tape just like on TV. I cut in around the edges and rolled the middle. I worked pretty much alone except for my imaginary friend Carter Osterwise who told me what a great job I was doing and wondered if I would like him to build me a little bench under the window. (I guess he will come by and do that project another day.)

The second project was an episode of curb appeal. See all my friends who came to help. And wait--is that Alex shoveling manure? Either I am very loved or Lori's sweet rolls are very yummy. Spread manure and planted grass seed on about half the yard. Got a permit so I can water it. The second half will wait for Spring. Found a little lilac bush when Dixie and I were out for a run on Saturday morning. (Good thing I don't run so fast or I wouldn't be able to find these treasures along the way.) Always makes me feel good to plant things. It is such a hopeful thing to do. Although it would be easier if I had use of my alternate hands--remember--the bucket and the shovel?

Stay tuned for the Big Reveal.

5 comments:

Abi said...

I had to make the one of Alex big to ensure that it wasn't some other kid.... I love the color.. can't wait for the big reveal!

Minnie said...

Was that little lilac bush in somebodys yard?? Run a different route and maybe you'll come across a nice rose bush!

Amanda said...

my brother has longer hair than i do. sad that kevin didnt move to WY with you guys...

Amanda said...

and julie says that if she were a blogger she would post and tell you how gorgeous of a color your wall will be and she cant wait for the big reveal!

Miss Brenda said...

It wasn't exactly in the front yard. It was very close to the sidewalk.