Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Search For Spock

I've seen the Star Trek movie twice. I have extended conversations about it with the Goober. (What is your favorite part? What is your least favorite part?) Currently I am traveling across the country, eating Whopper Jrs with cheese and collecting Star Trek glasses. So far I have one complete set of 4 and three fourths of a second set. Why do I need two sets? So when the Goober moves out and gets a place of his own he will have his own set. So he will remember the time he traveled across the country with his parents. And what great parents he had. So when his own kids are driving him crazy, he will remember that he was once a thirteen year old himself and that when he was his parents still took him out in public. So he will be kinder to my grandkids. Because by the time he grows up to be a responsible adult and moves out of my house, I will not remember any of this. I will be drinking iced tea from my Uhura glass saying. "Where did we get these glasses?" And the STP will say."I think they were a wedding gift." and I will say,"Oh, who got married?" And the STP will say,"I have been and always shall be your friend." And then I will smile and he will kiss me.
Live long and prosper.

2 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Were you as confused as I was about the red matter? What is red matter? Where did they get it from? And why did they have so much of it if they only needed one drop to distroy the world? It was all so vague. In the Vulcan language, "Live long and prosper" is pronounced "Dif tor heh smusma". Am I a trekie or what.

Abi said...

Aww, can you be sitting around the little metal table or on a porch like grams when you have your 'wedding gift' conversation... that's where I see you. I love you all, so a diet from cheeseburgers after this vacation?