Saturday, August 08, 2009

Mamma Mia, Abba Father

The Goober woke up Friday morning this week with the words to the ABBA song I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do in his head. "Darn your 'love song' CD," he said. In an effort to remove the ear worm from his head, the Goober's dad and I played the song and sang along (and danced around the kitchen in each other's arms before breakfast). The result was that it was now in all of our heads. For the rest of the day.

Love me or leave me. Make the choice, but believe me, I love you. I do, I do, I do, I do, I do.

Saturday we went to a teleconference and heard Del Tackett speak about faith. And he said that God created man in His image. And He made man to be loved by Him and to freely love Him back. And that to freely love, man needed to have a free will. And a choice. And consequently, freedom to make a bad choice. And as I listened to the speaker, I heard the words to that song still floating around in my head. Only some of the pronouns were capitalized. Like this.

Love Me or leave Me.

Make your choice, but believe Me, I love you.

I do, I do, I do , I do, I do.

Just imagine it. Our Father God singing a love song to His child. Waking him up with the reassurance that he is loved (even if he chooses poorly today).
Zephaniah 3:17
And how cool is it that 'father' in Aramaic is 'abba'?

1 comment:

Brenda's Man said...

I married a wise and beautiful woman! I love her dearly...I do, I do, I do, I do, I do!