Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Quarter for Your Thoughts

The new quarters are out. They are the fourth in the territory quarters. American Samoa. And they have a saying on them that means,"Samoa, God is First." I like that for a motto. I like getting new quarters at Dodge City Federal. I get them a roll at a time and I open them and look how shiny they are and I line them up in my change holder. And I give them to people. People that I like a lot. Or people who don't smile. I just slip them a God is First quarter in with their change. I'm not sure it does anything for them, but it makes me feel better. Like I am somehow handing out sneaky little bits of joy. Seventy nine cents is your change. Here are 2 regular quarters, one God is First reminder, and 4 shiny new pennies with Lincoln's log cabin on them. Have a great day. Sometimes, when you work at the bank, you have to occupy your mind and make your own fun anyway you can. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at it.

No comments: