Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Bloomin' Miracle

The other day I was walking past the neighbor's house admiring her flowers and noticed that she has a yellow iris.  I have iris, but they are all purple.  I have had them for four years.  I used to have a yellow iris at my old house.  And I wished I had a different colored iris here. I  thought briefly about my alternate hands and about digging out the neighbor's iris, but she has a dog who barks, and I hardly ever just dig flowers out of front yards of houses where people are still living. 
But the next day, right in the middle of my purple iris, was a peachy pink iris.  That had never been there before.  And the STP thinks it just never bloomed before.  But I'm thinking it was a miracle.
A little gift to me from God Himself.  A little reward for not digging out the neighbor's yellow iris. 

2 comments:

Johanna said...

That last line was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh and for sharing your miracle with us!

Amanda said...

we serve a great God with a wonderful sense of humor :)