Saturday, May 12, 2012

What Happened on the Patio

I know what the sign says.




 But regardless, I am going to tell you something that happened in the side yard today. 
First you should know there is a side of the back yard I never show you.
This is the side you usually see.  The hosta and the stolen peonies (let's just call them what they are, since we are being honest about the side yard).  But just a few feet away is this:
A totally unlandscaped wasteland.  I had no ideas and an inadequate budget that has kept me from doing anything except sitting with my back to it.  The STP is tired of weed eating along the chain link fence.  So this week his OCD-self decided to do something about it.  He priced edging.  He talked to the men at the Dodge City Building Center.  He made me look at low bamboo edging on the internet.  He made me think about it until we came up with a plan. A plan and some pallets.  A man and his sawzall.
Goob:  What are you doing?
Me:  Arranging these boards so they look random and unarranged.  AAARRR
Goob:  Just saying Aaarrr at the end of a sentence does not make everything alright.
At the end of the day (and a total cost of less than $9.00) the STP had a weed eater friendly edging.
And my ostrich plume fern has a new home. 
It is supposed to grow 4-6 feet high.  I think that will take a miracle.  Or at least some miracle gro.

The STP also went for a bike ride with me today and cut the boards for the giant jenga game.  Have I mentioned lately how much I like that guy?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh i like the edging way more now that i've met it "in person" than just over the phone! fabulous!