Thursday, November 04, 2010

Confession is Good For the Soul or How Big Is That If?

Today was another beautiful fall day in Dodge City.  A perfect day in fact to trawl troll skulk drive through town with my alternate hands.  Actually I do not have a bucket and shovel for alternate hands.  But I do have a bucket and shovel that fit in the back seat of my car.  So this afternoon I loaded up my bucket and shovel and drove (using my regular hands) to the north end of town to dig out my peonies.  What were my peonies doing on the north end of town? you might ask.  Well, they were thriving there.  Outside the old parsonage.  Where the former pastor's wife left them.  Years ago.  She had plenty of chances to come and get them.  And as the current pastor's wife, if I were to live in the parsonage, they would now be my peonies.  In fact they are now my peonies, because as I already told you, today I dug them out and moved them to the south side of town.  Into my newest flower bed.  Where they will be loved and appreciated.  Don't think of it as stealing.  Think of it as relocating.  To a better place.
(If I had an accomplice, I would have vidoetaped the whole thing and posted it on You-tube and linked to it from my facebook page so.  If you just moved next door, I wouldn't have to go to such lengths.  Or we could go together...)

1 comment:

lori said...

Oh Brenda..you just make me laugh out loud! I think you need to publish this blog. Seriously..I would buy the book.