Thursday, May 17, 2012

Like Sand in a Sand Pail

3.  Run 5K
4.  Run a 5K

Bouyed by my success at wogging a little over three miles this am, I went ahead and registered for a 5K this weekend.  It is being run on my usual running path and starts just three blocks from my house, so it won't get any easier than this.  And I could register online.  Which means I didn't have to actually face anyone and say I planned to run a 5K. 
Since Parenthood is no longer on TV, I have a new favorite TV show.  Duck Dynasty.  Unlike Parenthood, which was a TV family that I wanted to be part of, Duck Dynasty is the TV family that makes me glad for the family I am a part of.  I tell you what--there are more quotable moments in that show than I can remember.  Here is my favorite Phil quote from last night's episode:  (What?  You missed it?  Come on over-I have it DVRed and I will gladly sit and watch it again with you.) 
Local Chubby Woman Eaten by Alligator. 
I tell you what.  A man who speaks in headlines makes me 'happy, happy'.  Too bad this week's Dodge City Gazette has already gone to press.  Expect the headline would read, "Local Chubby Woman Registers for 5K."  And, just for registering, I got my own web page.  You can check it out here.  I expect to have a PR for my official over 50 races.  I'll let you know how it goes.



2 comments:

abi said...

whoa! run mama run!

planemech2us said...

Jerie said she is very proud of you!