Saturday, November 23, 2013

It's Time

How you know it is time to clean your refrigerator:
Some unidentified person who lives in your house spills grape jelly on the bottom shelf.  And ignores it for two weeks.
And the same or another unidentified person inexplicably smears it on the inside of the refrigerator door.
Seriously, why?  (And why am I showing you this?)
This is the shelf that I didn't think had a problem.  Amazing what a stack of leftovers and a gallon of milk can cover up.
And this is the unidentified actively fermenting food item from the back of said shelf.
Which remained unidentified even on closer inspection.  

But by mid-morning the fermenting, moldy, outdated food was removed; the shelves were cleaned and returned. And I had moved past appalled, through adequately humbled, to accomplished.
 Even the refrigerator itself was thankful.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't stop laughing! I love you, I love your fridge, and I love all of the unidentified people in your house who use your fridge!