Thursday, November 14, 2013

Maybe I'm Thankful

The ballet was delightful, even if my date did not realize he was on a date.  So there was no dinner out.  But I am not crossing number 40 off my thankful list.  Cause I was thankful just for the anticipation of spending the evening with my love.  And he's not the only forgetful/clueless/paying less than full attention one in this relationship.  So I am going to pay him back repay reward him by forgetting the adjective he used after 'shrill' to describe my interaction with him this morning.

41.  The ability to forget
42.  Oatmeal with brown sugar  (maybe I am only thankful for the brown sugar.  I am eating the oatmeal in an attempt to lower my cholesterol)
43.  Hugs from my very tall son (and kisses on the top of the head.  Wasn't it yesterday he was sitting in my lap and I was kissing the top of his head?)
44.  My job (Even if I have to work this Saturday, I am thankful I don't have to work them all)
45.  Kayak rudders (even if none of my three kayaks has a rudder, kayak rudders played a part in getting me to Hawaii.  Gotta love that)
46.  Esther.  And finishing strong.
47.  Cookies
48.  Cherry jam
49.  Homemade cookies filled with homemade cherry jam
50.  Being wealthy enough to have a home and the ingredients for cookies and jam.

No comments: