Saturday, November 02, 2013

Day 306

The year is flying by.  Less than 60 days left and still 20 out of 54 things remain on the non-resolution  list.  While there has been significant progress on #25, it is time to abandon the list for a time in order to begin a new list.  The Thankful List.  A Ms. Brenda's blog tradition since sometime in the last decade.
Things I am thankful for (with the by-now-you-should-know-this caveat that they are in no particular order):

1.  My beloved  iphone  (seriously? that's at the top of the list?)
2.  My beloved husband (whom I still love despite surprising me with an iphone)
3.  My big room (so I have a place to hang the antelope head)
4.  The veterinarian ophthalmologist (tried to talk the Goob into pursuing this field--couldn't see himself saying 'better here or here' to cats.  Not to mention spider eyes)
5.  The SLD seeing out of both eyes and the end of eyedrops in sight
6.  Having new things to be thankful for every day.  Every year.
7.  The Goob (even if he won't pursue the career of my dreams)
8.  Fresh fruits and vegetables
9.  Fresh starts
10.Kids who have their own thankful lists

Bring it November.  I have my gratitude attitude up and running.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hard to believe there's only 60 days left this year... Time flies.