Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Super Thankful

Traveling is good for the soul, but put me behind on recording my thankfuls.  Thankfuls may not actually be a word, but it should be.
61.  Thankful for my phone maps and GPS technology.  Travelled by myself to see the littlest grand babies.  A little over 4 hours non-stop. No problems.
62.  Thankful for my car.  Because I am still irritated by its lack of heated seats, adjustable intermittent wipers, and fog lights, I have to remind myself to be thankful for it.  Such is the sad spoiled person that I am.  Forgive me.
63.  Thankful for forgiveness and the ability to forgive.  Glad I don’t have to carry around a load of guilt or a load of bitterness.
64.  Thankful for my oldest daughter and the quality time we got to spend together last week.  It is a joy to see the beautiful person she is.  And to reminisce about her childhood.
65. Thankful that she thinks I was a good Mom.  Selective memory has its rewards.
66.  Thankful to spend time with the little ones. Two and four year olds are delightful creatures especially if you deal don’t have to deal with them 24/7.  Thankful to be close enough to really spend time and the opportunity to get to know them.  Really.
67. Thankful for tickles and giggles.
68. Thankful for projects completed.  Sewing room valances and pumpkin pie banners.
69.  Thankful for my number 1 son-in-law.
70.  Thankful to be home.
71.  Thankful for my church.  Felt a little more like home this week.  Thankful that I can greet people by name. The Goob said that ‘Good morning Doris’ was the most Pastor’s Wife thing he has ever heard me say.
72.  Thankful for the Goob.  He keeps me honest.  And humble.
73.  Thankful that the Former King and Queen of Queens turned left instead of right on Rt. 17. Such a serendipity to have Sunday supper with them.  Thankful for spontaneity.
74.  Thankful for my number 2 son-in-law.  Thankful he knows that 2 is simply ordinal.
75.  Thankful that we will see each other again in two weeks. So thankful.

No comments: