Sunday, November 24, 2019

Gratitude Interrupted

I started this month of thankfuls off quite well and then I got a little lost.  But in the hopes of actually documenting 100 things I am thankful for I am pressing forward.
81.  Thankful for my dog.
82.  Thankful for perspective.  And that I can choose my perspective.  We are selling our house.  I am sad to see it go.  I am sad that it is selling at a lower price than I paid for it.  Discouraged in general. But thankful that it will be sold.  Thankful that we had it to live in and minister from for 11 years.   Thankful for the memories.
83.  Thankful that movie theaters are dark.  Went to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood last evening with my two favorite guys.  I think it afforded us all a well needed cry.
84.  Thankful for tears—and the ability and freedom to express emotions.
85.  Thankful for prayers.  Dr. Tingle used to pray before meals a heartfelt ‘Thank you, Lord, thank you.’  A simple three word prayer for when I don’t feel like praying.  Thank You , Lord.
85.  Thankful for wood projects well begun and the chance to work together with the STP.
86.  Thankful for the start of a new week.  Thankful for a week to focus on thankfulness.
87.  Thankful that Abi and Amanda and Alex will be here this weekend. Been quite awhile since we have hosted a family Thanksgiving.  Thankful for this house.
88.   Thankful for my new bench for the dining room table.
89.  Thankful for a sewing project completed.
90.  Thankful for slow quiet days.

No comments: