Saturday, April 11, 2009

And the Oscar Goes To...

Every year I want all the eggs to be solid colors. I want them to be beautiful in the basket. I want the colors to complement each other and the dining room.
Every year there are new 'experiments' with the eggs and their dyes. Every year their are 'magic' eggs with names, and rubber band eggs and striped eggs. Every year there is one egg that goes into all the colors various times. The result is the ugliest egg ever. We call it the Oscar egg. (I'm guessing after the Sesame street character--not because it will win any awards.) This year the Goob had to do the Oscar egg in the absence of his sisters. If you think about it too hard it is a very sad and lonely thing--to do the Oscar egg by default.
If you think just a little harder, it is a very joyful thing to be part of a family with love and traditions to pass on and hang on to.
That's how hard I'm thinking tonight, but I still miss my girls.

6 comments:

Minnie said...

I love that you still color eggs at your house!

Unknown said...

I would be proud to have laid that egg....

Abi said...

Way to go Goob... not bad for your first year solo. It makes me miss you too, but look on the bright side, this year there will be two Oscar eggs in the world. :)

Anastasia said...

Good Job Boog!

nancyann said...

We have done an 'oscar' egg every year at our house....never knew until now that it had a name! It is always the last egg to be colored-is that an honor or a curse?

Spencer said...

i think it looks cool