Saturday, April 25, 2009

Today's Track Meet-eetse Style



Started the day in the field throwing the disc.




Unfortunately, while much of the rest of the country enjoyed near record high temperatures, the Basin experienced a Spring set-back. (Set all the way back to Winter.) Causing the disc to freeze to the Goober's hand in his first attempt to throw it.

Sad.














He had better success with the shot put.









(The STP took these shots because my little hands were frozen, but that is not me in the blanket. But if I had a snuggi, I would have worn it.)


And by the afternoon, when the running events were scheduled, he had thawed sufficiently to run like the wind. Go Goob. Go. Run Goob. Run.

In other news, I spotted the captain talking to Goober's track coach. No, wait. Maybe that is the STP.








Actually the STP looked especially like the captain today. I think it was the hat.



See what I mean.












Stayed tuned for what the brave and daring STP and I did during the lunch break. It involves cowboys, chocolate and baling twine...

6 comments:

Abi said...

ok several questions:
1. is Goob especially vocal while throwing? cause the passers by seem to be trying to interpret some strange language while staring strangely at him.
2. less of a question and more of a 'close your mouth or you'll get bugs in it when you run' comment for the goob.
3. Why don't you live closer? We miss you.

Abi said...

also the thought of sending you a snuggie came to mind, but then I felt for poor Goob and thought better of it.

Abi said...

too many comments, but do his running shoes velcro?

Miss Brenda said...

1. Not that I noticed.
2. Thanks for the input, but breathing is an issue.
3. I share your sentiments on this one.

There is no such thing on this blog as too many comments.

Miss Brenda said...

And yes his shoes velcro.

Anastasia said...

you totally beat me to it Ab, I wanted to know if his running shoes velcroed too. Sedems liek somethign is just not right there :)