Friday, April 03, 2009

Itty Bitty Healthcare Facility

I worked full time the past two weeeks at the IBHF. Just covering for a vacation. (Next week I go back to the bank. Part time.) The IBHF is attached to a nursing home facility. Because it was the first of the month, I got to do blood draws in the nursing home. Met some very dear old people and some very sick old people and some very grumpy old people. I hope when I am a very old person that I am a very dear one. (Or at least that some of my 'cuteness' remains.)

The Dear response:
Ms. Brenda, I'm here to get some blood from your arm.
Alright, deary, which arm do you want?

The Sick response:
Ms. Brenda, I'm here to get some blood from your arm.
Ms. Brenda? Ms. Brenda?

The Grumpy response:
Ms. Brenda, I'm here to get some blood from your arm.
Do you have to do it before breakfast? Get away from me. Where is that girl who always gets my blood? Ouch. Ouch. Nurse, do see what she's doing to me? Help me. Someone. Anyone. Oh, sweet Jesus.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

:) did they really say Oh sweet Jesus?! lol
I've had you stick me before and i think you are the best to ever draw my blood. Of course, I have good veins.

Minnie said...

Megan would of liked to have you start her IV-took 4 times and Dr. had to do it. She would probably have fallen into the grumpy category.